Transmission - Extreme Weather Analysis
Try our unique weather data for transmission and distribution overhead line design and upgrades
Whether you are an operator, contractor or asset owner, you will want to design and maintain your assets in the safest and most efficient way possible. With this in mind, we have developed a unique tower-specific weather service that allows you to understand how weather impacts on any individual span or tower across the country.
Better understanding of weather impacts can improve design, planning, safety and, ultimately, costs. To be really effective, any weather data used to inform decision-making needs to be highly accurate and achieving this requires that it is tower-specific.
This demonstrator highlights:
- How the extreme wind speed (Vb) varies along an OHL route
- How our data compares with weather station measurements
- How much you could save on less wind-exposed spans (using a simple assumption based on the cost of steel)
We hope you find this interactive demonstrator interesting, do let us know what you think.
For more information on our overhead line services please click here.
- Understand weather impacts early in the project
- Improve planning and costing
- Increase safety
- Deliver better design solutions
- Easy integration with standard processes
- Tower-specific wind and icing data
- Compliant with industry standards
- Tested on more than 1000 OHL towers
- Delivered to your team in 2 weeks
- Uncertainty report available on request